Unveiled during Apple’s September 10th event the new Nike+ Move app utilizes the also new M7 motion coprocessor. The app can currently be found in the App Store enhancing daily statistics and data about their physical activity.
Taking advantage of the new M7 coprocessor and brand new CoreMotion APIs the new app has increased it’s level of detail and precision for recording movement data to a whole new level, all the while conserving battery life. The M7 coprocessor was designed to be a full time motion detector. Apple added this as the A7 chip is total overkill for constantly monitoring such data. The Nike+ Move app gathers all of your exercise data and converts it into what they call NikeFuel, their unit for measuring physical activity thus motivation for the user to gain more Fuel.
Nike+ Move offers insight into when you move, how you move and where you move – and lets you challenge your friends to see who moves more.
-Win the day by beating your NikeFuel average and watch your goal ring change from Red to Green.
– See when you are most active throughout the day and how you’re doing compared to yesterday.
– Move more often and win as many hours as you can throughout the day.
– See how you moved through the day with a breakdown of running, walking, and other movement.
– See where you’re moving and where you move the most each day.
– Check out how you compare against your Game Center friends or other Nike+ Move users near you.
Nike+ Move App is currently available for download in the App Store for free, however by utilizing this new technology the app is only for the iPhone 5s.